Elizabeth Gilbert (formerly known as Elizabeth Morrow; d. summer 2009) was a Guardian of the Celestial Court. She defected in the late 15th century, and engaged in a romantic relationship with Baron von Swartzschild, resulting in a daughter, Katarina. Elizabeth decided to leave so that Katarina might fulfill her destiny, and staged her death, though the Guardians did not plan on recruiting her due to her sickliness and short life-expectancy.
In the 1990s, Elizabeth met and fell in love with Thomas Gilbert. The two married and had a daughter named Elena, who the Guardians also wanted to recruit. Elizabeth and Thomas enlisted James Campbell's help, but to no avail. They had a second daughter named Margaret, but died in a car accident caused by the Guardians that was intended to kill Elena.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the television adaption, Elena's "mother" (in reality her aunt) was a member of the Historical Society named Miranda Sommers Gilbert, who died in 2009.
- The Awakening (Mentioned only)
- The Return: Midnight (Mentioned only)
- The Hunters: Phantom (Mentioned only)
- The Hunters: Moonsong (Mentioned only) (First identified as Elizabeth Gilbert)
- The Vampire Diaries (video game) (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In The Hunters: Destiny Rising, it is learnt that Elena was twelve when her parents died. Elena turned twelve in August 2008, and Margaret was born a year later in the summer of 2009. As such, Elizabeth and Thomas must have died between Margaret's birth in the summer of 2009 and Elena's thirteenth birthday.