|The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.|
|Contessa di Salvatore|
Contessa di Salvatore
Contessa di Salvatore (d. between 1499 and 1502) was the wife of Giuseppe Salvatore and mother of Damon and Stefan. Damon was especially fond of her. She did not fully recover from Stefan's birth and died only a few years after, something that Stefan believed Damon blamed him for and that he believed began his hatred for him. After her death, Giuseppe became angrier than ever, beating his sons in drunken rages, and regularly taking mistresses younger than his own sons.
- The Awakening (Mentioned only)
- The Return: Shadow Souls (Mentioned only)
- The Return: Midnight (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The contessa died when Stefan was three years old (The Return: Midnight - Chapter 43). The earliest year that Stefan could have been born is 1496 and the latest is 1499, meaning that the contessa died between 1499 and 1502.
- ↑ Stefan Salvatore: It was always that way, as long as I can remember. Maybe it was because my mother never really recovered from my birth. She died a few years later. Damon loved her very much, and I always had the feeling that he blamed me. (The Awakening - Chapter 13)
- ↑ Stefan Salvatore: I remember something else! From when I was very young, maybe three or four years old. My father had a terrible temper, especially right after my mother died. And back then, when I was little, and my father was furious and drunk, Damon would deliberately get in between us. He'd say something obnoxious and – well, my father would end up beating him instead of me. I don't know how I could have forgotten about that. (The Return: Midnight - Chapter 43)
- ↑ "He wouldn't keep remembering his youth and the other young blades who'd mocked his father for being an old fool, with his disastrous investments and his mistresses younger than his own sons." (The Return: Nightfall - Chapter 34)