- "The fourth person who came in was only a little older than Bonnie, but she had an air of brisk authority that belied her youth."
By the time she was nineteen, Mary had a job as a nurse at the local clinic under Lowen and Feinberg. On September 6, 1991, Mary heard about the attack on a man under Wickery Bridge, and, remembering that Bonnie and her friends had been in the area at the time, warned them not to go out there, especially at night.
After arriving home from the clinic one day, Mary was asked by Bonnie and Matt Honeycutt to see to Stefan Salvatore at the Flowers boardinghouse. She read Stefan's pulse, which she found to be surprisingly low (due to his status as a vampire) and tried to take his temperature, but Elena dropped and smashed it. Mary concluded that Stefan should see a doctor the following day, although Stefan had no intention of doing so.
- "Bonnie's sister Mary was there, unpinning a cap from her wavy red hair."
Personality and traitsEdit
- " [Mary] was only a little older than Bonnie, but she had an air of brisk authority that belied her youth."
Mary was protective towards her younger sister, as shown by her concern after learning of the homeless man's attack near Fell's Church cemetery. Despite her youth, Mary had a dominating presence and an air of brisk authority.
- The Awakening (First appearance)
- After Hours (Mentioned only)
- The Struggle
- The Return: Nightfall (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "She was just two years older than Bonnie [...]" (The Awakening - Chapter 5)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Elena Gilbert: He's afraid of doctors, but a nurse might be all right. Bonnie, what about your sister? (The Struggle - Chapter 4)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "Bonnie's sister Mary was there, unpinning a cap from her wavy red hair." (The Awakening - Chapter 5)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "[...] and she worked at the Fell's Church clinic." (The Awakening - Chapter 5)
- ↑ The Awakening - Chapter 5
- ↑ The Struggle - Chapter 4
- ↑ Bonnie: For instance, do you know what Mary said? Dr. Feinberg was talking to the guy who did the autopsy, the medical examiner. And he said that there was no blood left in the body at all. Not a drop. (The Struggle - Chapter 6)
- ↑ "From somewhere a bit of advice from her sister Mary, the nurse, floated into Bonnie's mind. Bonnie pounded with both fists on Meredith's back, and suddenly Meredith took a huge gulp of air." (The Return: Nightfall - Chapter 20)